We eight kids like to potter around productively...Mama wants to remember these delightful days when we have all grown up and left home, so we are creating a record for her.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Knit Away Knit

By K8

My first ever cloth I knit was a blue one and I kept dropping stitches, so it was a holey cloth. For my birthday I got lots of wool, so I thought I could make some cloths out of it. I tried one the other day, twenty stitches and twenty rows. But it wasn't a square, and I worked out you double what you cast on and then it will be a square.
So now I have written my first ever knitting pattern (that's it in the photo).
Last night I knit a whole cloth and K9 did too. He wanted to do some knitting, but he didn't know what to do so I said, "You could knit a cloth." We sat together knitting and Mama said we looked like two old grannies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope this isn't a *silly* question, but what do you use your cloths for?

Sharonnz said...

Sounds like M7 & I when we sit on the couch knitting together. I take it as a compliment! Well done on your first knitting pattern. You'll be designing jerseys before you know it!

8ofUs .............................*j*j*k*k*l*m*t*e-r* said...

Sorry we missed this question - we use the cloths as face-scratchers in the bath and for wiping down benches and soaking up spills. Mama said we are so good at it now that we can use the cotton instead of old scrap wool - cotton wil be much softer than carpet wool!