We eight kids like to potter around productively...Mama wants to remember these delightful days when we have all grown up and left home, so we are creating a record for her.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

one foot after the other

By ER(12 months)

Mama tells me I'm the first one of us eight to be willing to give this walking lark a go without holding a hand....all the others made sure they knew how to stay upright while their legs were moving before they were confident to push a trolley or pram along....not me. I can't walk yet, but I'll push anything around! On the other hand, I'm not ready to take any steps if all they let me hold on to is a hand or two. I prefer something much more substantial, even if it does race away from me when I apply pressure!
Mama also tells me all eight of us have worn this dressing gown. She made it when J12 was a baby and it's been used every single winter since then! Now she just needs to finish that sewing pile in the background!!

2 comments:

skatey katie said...

oh ER UR *such* A QT!!!!!!!!!
what a cool photo, you are a chick-on-a-mission :o)
go mommy on the dressing gown recycling...
i threw out all our dressing gowns before we moved to the sunny bay... my kiddos wear their clothes to bed. strange but true, i think it stems from the days that i was pregnant with someone and i couldn't be bothered washing twice as much stuff...

Jen and family said...

wtg ER :)
and a great dressing gown
jen at http://jenz.wordpress.com/